St. Patrick's Day is a great time to get crafting! With all the beautiful, bright colors around – you'll surely be able to make something cute! This list features 25 great St. Patrick's Day crafts for children and adults!
St. Patrick's Day (or St. Paddy's Day) is on March 17th each year. It's a celebration in honor of St. Patrick, of Ireland, but has been adopted by Americans as a fun day full of the color green, shamrocks, leprechauns, and rainbows.
While my hometown pretty much ignores it, Chicago has a huge celebration. They dye the river green, have a festival, and there are multiple parades! I'd love to take the boys some year.
In the meantime, we'll stick to doing fun crafts at home, whipping up some fun recipes, and doing a unit study on St. Patrick's Day every year.
25 St. Patrick's Day Crafts
Most of these great St. Patrick's Day crafts are going to focus on the classic shamrock and rainbow. Grab your construction paper, glue, glitter and imagination to have fun right alongside your kids creating these great crafts!
1. DIY Paper Shamrock
2. Color Learning Gluing Activity
3. Rainbow Craft for Kids
4. Shamrock Puppy
5. St. Patrick's Day Garland
6. Make Your Own Blarney Stone
7. Four Leaf Clover Boot Cuff
8. St. Patrick's Day Mini Top Hat
9. Crochet Four Leaf Clover
10. Gold Coin Hunt Bath Activity
11. Four Leaf Clover Rings
12. DIY Four Leaf Clover Stamp
13. St. Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt
14. Shamrock Treat Bags
15. Lucky Shamrock Wands
16. Leprechaun Bait Bags
17. Winking Paper Plate Leprechaun
18. DIY Lucky Poppers
19. Toilet Paper Roll Leprechauns
20. Leprechaun Hats
21. Gold Rocks
22. Leprechaun Suckers
23. Leprechaun Trap
24. Paint Chip Cards
25. Lucky Bracelet
Don't forget that this is also a great time to celebrate any Irish heritage your children may have. You can easily turn this day and these crafts into fun homeschool lessons!
- Check out genealogy or family history to learn about any Irish blood lines.
- Share about the famous Ireland potato famine
- Learn about Irish cultural traditions, foods and drinks
- Listen to or watch a traditional Celtic ceremony, dance, music, or wedding
- Print Celtic coloring pages for you and the kids to color while talking about Irish traditions
- Create a geography lesson to share about important cities, landmarks and historical monuments in Ireland
- Practice your Irish “brogue” to see who can sound the most authentic
Doing these fun things along with the St. Patrick's Day crafts, recipes, and projects to learn more about the origins of St. Patrick's Day and the Irish culture can give you and your children a great homeschool project for the entire week.
Encourage not only lessons about these things, but also talk of rainbows, prisms, and the mythical leprechaun. There are so many amazing lessons around this fun holiday!
What's your favorite St. Patrick's Day activity? Does your city do anything special?
St. Patrick's Day Ideas:
- 10 Easy Recipes Kids Can Make for St. Paddy's Day
- Andes Mint Chocolate Fudge
- 15 St. Paddy's Day Homeschool Activities
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Cupcakes
- Homemade Shamrock Shakes
- 20 St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.