Paleo meals don't have to be the same chicken, beef, or pork recipes night after night. Try these Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Cups to spice up your menu without slaving in the kitchen! Serve with steamed or roasted veggies and a fruit salad for a complete filling meal! This is a must-have for your slow cooker chicken recipe collection!
If you are looking for an easy to prepare meal, look no further! This slow cooker chicken teriyaki recipe only takes 5 minutes to get going and 5 minutes to finish up. With all real food ingredients, you know you're serving something healthy but your family won't be able think beyond how delicious it tastes! It's one of our favorite Paleo recipes and we eat it for both lunch & dinner on a regular basis. If you aren't following the Paleo lifestyle, you could serve this with rice instead on in lettuce cups. Either way, it's perfect with a side of steamed veggies!
When I said this was an easy recipe, I meant it! Place your minced garlic, chopped onion, and chicken breast in the slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine coconut animos, honey, ginger, vinegar, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure to flip the chicken and ensure it's completely coated in the sauce. Let it cook for about 8 hours on low (or 5 on high). Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred (use 2 forks). Set aside. Make an arrowroot slurry and add to the crockpot, cooking for 30 minutes on high or until thickened. Return chicken to the slow cooker and stir to coat. Serve in lettuce cups with a dash of sesame seeds on top.
Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 510 minutes
- Total Time: 520 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Meal
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 2 lbs boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup coconut animos
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- dash of pepper
- 1 heaping Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup water
- lettuce wraps (romaine or bibb lettuce work well)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Place chicken breast, onions, and garlic into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut animos, honey, ginger, vinegar, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken, and turn the chicken to make sure it's coated in sauce.
- Place lid on top, cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot powder and water.
- Pour mixture into sauce in slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 30 minutes*. The sauce will thicken up. **Alternatively, if you don't want to wait 30 minutes for the sauce to thicken, you can pour the sauce into a small saucepan and then add the arrowroot mixture, bring to a boil and then simmer a few minutes. This will thicken up the sauce in 5 minutes or less.
- Once the sauce has thickened, return chicken to slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Serve in lettuce cups with a dash of sesame seeds on top.
Check out more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.