Get in the holiday spirit with these easy Christmas crafts for kids and other fun cold-weather activity ideas. For me, Christmas brings to mind good deeds, candy canes, Santa, peppermint, hot cocoa, Christmas cookies, and all things fun! The boys love taking a break from homeschooling to decorate the house and spend a lot of time baking, doing crafts, and getting in the Christmas spirit.
Looking for some great holiday craft ideas? I was looking for things the boys could easily do and ran across these activities. I'm thinking we will save the more complicated art projects that require more patience for when the twins are napping or when we have an extra set of hands.
Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Frozen Fractals Reindeer Food – We made this fun reindeer food last year to leave out on Christmas Eve!
- Rudolph Noses – This one is an easy craft for the kids as well as a DIY gift they can give to their friends.
- Handprint Christmas Tree – I'm a huge fan of handprint crafts and this one uses 10 handprints to make a tree the kids can decorate!
- No-Sew Snowflakes – This one is best for kids that are a little older, but even littles can assist with some of the steps!
- Cotton Ball Santa – With a paper plate, cotton balls, and a few embellishments, your kiddos can create their own Santa!
- Handprint Paper Plate Reindeer – These cute reindeer are made with paper plates and double as a holder for your holiday cards when the kids are done making them!
- Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments – These were a tradition growing up at my house every year & now we make them with the kids.
- Birdseed Ornament – We love feeding our “babies” outside our produce scraps but the birds are often neglected. The boys will love making these ornaments to feed the birds that hang out here during the winter.
- Cardboard Candy Canes – This is an easy Christmas craft that uses paint and cardboard tubes. The kids will love painting them and it's easy to form into the traditional candy cane shape.
- Tissue Paper Wreath – These are an indoor only wreath, but so cute and fun to make. Let the kids each make one to hang on their bedroom door this Christmas!
- Popsicle Christmas Trees – These are really easy to make and the kids will love them. Great to hang on the tree (put their names & dates on the back) or around the house!
- Reindeer Pop – These are a cute way to dress up a soda bottle. They use purchased glass Coca-Cola bottles, but you could easily make your own soda and use these reusable bottles instead!
- Magic Reindeer Food – Here is another reindeer food you can make for Christmas Eve! This one has adorable labels!
- Star Garland – Make a fun star garland in red & green, or go with gold and silver for a more elegant touch!
- Christmas Tree Garland – Break out the fun craft scissors and let the kids make their own garland for the tree!
- 3D Paper Star Ornaments – These 3D stars would make a great garland or let the kids color/paint the paper before cutting them out for some unique tree ornaments!
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa – This makes a great gift and the kids can help assemble them. Just watch for someone trying to eat the cocoa powder!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.