The chilly weather means that crock pot season has officially arrived! You can make all sorts of tasty meals in your crock pot that are inexpensive as well as time saving. This recipe for crock pot root beer beef sandwiches is the perfect example of a tasty meal with little to no effort involved. With just a few ingredients and your crock pot, dinner can be served.
Crockpot Root Beer Sandwiches
- Category: Beef
- Cuisine: Barbecue
- 3–4 pounds of boneless beef rump roast
- 2 cups barbecue sauce of your choice
- 2 cups of root beer
- Buns of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into your crock pot (minus the bread of course) and set the pot to the low setting.
- Cook for 8-10 hours or until the meat is cooked. You can check on the meat periodically and pour the liquid mixture over it (basting it basically) for more flavor if you wish as well.
- When time is up, remove the meat and allow it to sit and cool.
- You can then pull it apart and shred it so it fits well on your sandwich. Feel free to pour more liquid over it or you can even add more BBQ sauce at this point in the recipe if you wish.
- We served ours with pickles on top and some tasty seasoned fries on the side.
If you should need to make more, you can simply double the recipe. You are free to pick any type of BBQ sauce you wish. If you want tangy, use it! If you prefer mild, use it! The choice is all up to you and your taste. As far as the buns, we used toasted ciabatta bread, but you can use plain hamburger buns if you wish or any bread variety for that matter.
This recipe is great because the beef will stay good for several days. If you have leftovers, don’t pitch them! Instead, enjoy sandwiches for lunch and dinner in the days to come.
See how easy a great crock pot meal can be? Give this easy recipe for Crock Pot Root Beer Beef a try and see how tasty crock pot eating can be!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.