We always want to eat more nutritious foods, but this Paleo Beet Berry Smoothie Recipe will make you think you are eating something super decadent. With it's rich flavors, bright colors, and the great nutrients fond in the ingredients, you can't go wrong with this for a breakfast, snack, or treat. Even your picky kids who don't like vegetables will be all over this as a great choice for their after school snack!
After the holiday madness and so many desserts & treats to tempt you, it's time to get healthy! Make simple changes that you can turn into a habit instead of going super strict for a few weeks before falling back into bad habits! One easy change you can make is a daily smoothie! Try this Paleo Beet Berry Smoothie (using beet greens, hemp hearts, and frozen berries), this Strawberry Green Smoothie, or this Green Detox Smoothie for a delicious way to start the day or stop a midday sugar craving!
Paleo Beet Berry Smoothie
3-4 large beet green leaves or 4-8 small to medium pieces
1.5 cups organic frozen strawberries
1 cup organic frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
1 sprig of currants (mixed in, on top or both)
1/3 cup pomegranate juice
Start by thoroughly washing the beet greens. They are often extra dirty-with actual mud and dirt. Be sure to gently clean along the spine of the greens so that there won’t be any gritty dirt-trust me-this tasty smoothie will be worth it! Wash the currants carefully in warm water. Rinse the frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries.
Pour the pomegranate juice into the pitcher first, follow with the greens, strawberries, blueberries and top with the hemp hearts. Depending on how frozen and thick you would like the smoothie to be you can blend right away or wait 10 to 20 minutes for the berries to soften up (the softer they are, the faster the smoothie will come together). Top with left over currants and enjoy right away.
- 3-4 large beet green leaves or 4-8 small to medium pieces
- 1.5 cups organic frozen strawberries
- 1 cup organic frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- 1 sprig of currants (mixed in, on top or both)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- Wash the beet greens thoroughly
- Wash currants in warm water
- Rinse frozen berries
- Pour the pomegranate juice, greens, strawberries, blueberries and hemp harts into blender
- Blend for 3-5 minutes or until smooth
- Top with extra currants and enjoy
If you are wanting to increase the vitamins, nutrients and vegetables in your kids diets, this beet berry smoothie is an excellent way to do it. Not only will the fruit and bright colors appeal to them, the health benefits will appeal to you.
More Delicious Recipes to try:
- Beet Pot Roast (Paleo)
- Haddock over Beet Puree (Paleo)
- Spinach & Beet Green Salad (Paleo if you skip the feta cheese)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings (Gluten-Free)
- Coconut Date Rolls (AutoImmune Paleo)
How do you get your veggies in?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.