This fresh dish is a perfect way to boost your essential fatty acids, iron and use those delicious yet rarely used beet greens (that you’re already paying for)! Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which help your body make anti-inflammatory coumpounds that soothe body aches and pains, as well as support fat-loss. Omega-3's also help skin recover from skin damage from UV rays. Why not get all the amazing positive health benefits from a simple salad?
- 2 portions of salmon that are about 4-6 ounces
- ¼ cup local honey
- 6 cups of fresh baby spinach
- tops/greens from one bunch of fresh beets
- 1 cup feta
- Thoroughly wash your greens before chopping; then again give them a quick wash and trip through the salad spinner.
- Heat a pan for your salmon to just under medium, when ready place skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes. Do not fuss with the salmon during this time, when the skin has properly crisped it will easily slide around in the pan.
- Before turning over add a bit of honey to the pan. It will instantly heat up and start to bubble a bit, this is a great time to flip the fish.
- Tossing the fish a bit will coat the bottom of the pan with honey giving your fish a beautiful golden brown finish.
- Cook for about another 3-5 minutes. *Please note cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of each cut of fish; please watch closely to prevent burning.
- If you notice your honey is a quickly turning dark brown, turn down the heat and slows the cooking a bit.
- When done let rest on a clean, room temp plate for about 5 minutes. (Placing immediately on your greens will wilt and start to cook them).
- When ready add salmon to green and top with feta.