Thieves Essential Oil is used for everything from cleaning your carpet to boosting the immune system, from getting rid of sticky residue on surfaces to giving your dishwasher a helping hand! Here are my favorite 20 Thieves Essential Oil Uses! Plus 10 reasons you need to start using essential oils today!
One of the most popular essential oil blends is Thieves Essential Oil (also known as Four Thieves, 5 Thieves, or OnGuard, depending on the brand). Thieves is comprised of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary Essential Oils. We also make sure we have some on hand because it works great as a disinfectant in my homemade cleaning products,
Internal use of essential oils has become extremely popular and due to my research, is no longer something I feel okay promoting. I like to err on the side of caution when it comes to matters of safety. Therefore, I can't recommend any of the Thieves teas and other internal uses, unless you are under the care of a trained aromatherapist. An MLM consultant does not receive that kind of training, unless they search for it on their own (like I am doing).
20 Thieves Essential Oil Uses
- Boost your immune system: Diffuse thieves essential oil in your home to support the immune system during cold & flu season. You can also mix with a carrier oil and apply to the bottom of the feet for an extra boost!
- Help get rid of tooth and gum pain: A drop of oil applied to the gum can help soothe dental pain.
- Soothe a sore throat: Add a few drops of oil to warm water. Gargle to help relieve symptoms of a sore throat.
- Oil pulling: Add 1 drop to a Tablespoon of coconut oil for oil pulling.
- Dental health: Add 5 drops to an open container of toothpaste, put the lid on, and then squish it around to mix it up.
- Chest congestion: Dilute thieves with a carrier oil and apply to chest & upper back.
- Give your mood a boost: When used in a diffuser, thieves oil can help promote a more positive mood and concentration.
- Make an all-purpose household cleaner: Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar and 15-20 drops thieves essential oil in a 16 ounce spray bottle.
- Clean carpets more effectively: Add a few drops to your carpet cleaner to help clean carpets while offering some aromatherapy.
- Freshen the air: Add a drop of thieves to your vacuum cleaner to freshen the air while you vacuum! If you don't want to shampoo the carpet, but want to help kill bacteria in it, you could apply a little thieves to the bristles on the roller-thingy of your vacuum. I'm sure that thing has a real term, but I just know it's a pain to replace the belt and slide it back into position!
- Boost your dishwasher power: Add a few drops to your dishwasher prior to running it for cleaner, healthier plates, cups, and silverware.
- Laundry freshener: Ditch the chemical dryer sheets & add a couple drops of thieves to a wool dryer ball instead.
- Clean up after your pet: Thieves oil can be used to clean pet crates, pet stains, and other high traffic pet areas around your home more effectively. Just add the oil to some warm water or vinegar and scrub away.
- Say goodbye to sticky residue: A drop of oil will easily dissolve sticky residue left behind by price tags, gum, or other sticky substances.
- Breath cleaner air: Placing a few drops near a vent can help rid the air of germs that could otherwise lead to illness.
- Protect your indoor plants: Add 10 drops of oil to 6 ounces of water. Mix well and use on flowers and plants to repel insects.
- Natural bug repellent: Add 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup witch hazel, and 20 drops thieves essential oil to an 8 oz spray bottle. Apply before hiking or just playing outside in a buggy area.
- Homemade hand sanitizer: Combine 1/3 cup aloe vera gel, 1/4 cup witch hazel, 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, and 40 drops thieves essential oil in a bowl. Mix well and transfer to your squeeze or pump bottle. This makes about 4 ounces.
- Clear up pimples: Mix a drop into your face soap (I just squirt my cleanser in my hand then add a drop) to help get rid of pimples faster.
- Warts: Modify the duct tape method for wart removal by applying the thieves essential oil and then covering the area with duct tape. Keep covered for 12 hours, then remove duct tape, add another drop of oil, and cover with a fresh piece of duct tape.
Note: Thieves contains hot oils, so please make sure to dilute with a carrier oil before applying!
As you can see, thieves oil can be quite effective for the mind, body, and home. Give these tips for using thieves oil a try and see if it is an oil for you!
What's your favorite way to use Thieves Essential Oil?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.