Easy Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Chicken is one of my go-to meals when I do a pantry challenge. I almost always have everything I need on hand and its so easy to throw everything into the crockpot!
One of my favorite things about this is how easy it is to adjust the spice level. I often make up two batches to throw into the freezer (before or after cooking) and just label them. To spice it up a bit, you can add diced jalapeños & a little cumin.
This is a very quick meal to prepare. It only takes 10 minutes for your prep and cooks in 6 to 8 hours in the slow cooker! Start by cutting your chicken into 1 inch strips & coating with taco seasoning and flour. Place in the crockpot. Add frozen pepper & onion mix, corn, salsa, Rotel, and black beans.
What is your favorite chicken recipe?
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (or 3 Tbsp of homemade taco seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 bag frozen pepper & onion mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup chunky salsa
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Cooked brown rice
- Mexican shredded cheese
- In slow cooker, coat chicken with taco seasoning and flour.
- Stir in pepper & onion mix, corn, salsa, Rotel and black beans.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or on high for 3 to 4 hours).
- Stir just before serving.
- Serve over rice and top with cheese.
Check out more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes!