I'm a coffee junkie (as I'm sure you've noticed) and one of my favorite treats to go along with my mid-afternoon cup is Biscotti. They truly are one of the most versatile & delicious treats. Plus, they take less than an hour to throw a batch together & they are good in the fridge for up to a month! This year, I decided to try some fall flavors and came up with this Caramel Apple Biscotti! Don't forget to check out my homemade coffee creamers to make your coffee break truly spectacular!Print
Caramel Apple Biscotti
- Category: Dessert
- 5 caramels
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 3 Tbsp. apple juice or cider
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large apple (peeled and cored)
- 10 caramels for melting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dice caramels into small pieces & set aside.
- Dice apples finely & set aside.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk your eggs until foamy, add sugar ½ cup at a time until combined.
- Beat approximately 5 minutes until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Add apple juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Mix flour mixture into wet ingredients just until combined. Gently fold in diced apple and caramels.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour your hands well and smooth the dough into a long football shape about 2” inches thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, its ready when edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and slice log into slices ½ to ¼ inch thick with a serrated knife.
- Turn oven down to 325°
- Place cookies cut side up back onto parchment lined tray in a single layer.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes, flipping cookies over after 10 minutes.
- Allow biscotti to cool and drizzle with remaining melted caramels
- To melt caramel: microwave caramel for 15 seconds at a time until it is smooth and liquid.
- To keep mess to a minimum leave biscotti on parchment lined tray, dip fork or tip of spoon into caramel and drizzle over cookies, allow to set.
- Keep sealed in an air tight container in fridge for a month.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.