I'm a coffee junkie (as I'm sure you've noticed) and one of my favorite treats to go along with my mid-afternoon cup is Biscotti. They truly are one of the most versatile & delicious treats. Plus, they take less than an hour to throw a batch together & they are good in the fridge for up to a month! This year, I decided to try some fall flavors and came up with this Caramel Apple Biscotti! Don't forget to check out my homemade coffee creamers to make your coffee break truly spectacular!
- 5 caramels
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 3 Tbsp. apple juice or cider
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large apple (peeled and cored)
- 10 caramels for melting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dice caramels into small pieces & set aside.
- Dice apples finely & set aside.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk your eggs until foamy, add sugar ½ cup at a time until combined.
- Beat approximately 5 minutes until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Add apple juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Mix flour mixture into wet ingredients just until combined. Gently fold in diced apple and caramels.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour your hands well and smooth the dough into a long football shape about 2” inches thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, its ready when edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and slice log into slices ½ to ¼ inch thick with a serrated knife.
- Turn oven down to 325°
- Place cookies cut side up back onto parchment lined tray in a single layer.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes, flipping cookies over after 10 minutes.
- Allow biscotti to cool and drizzle with remaining melted caramels
- To melt caramel: microwave caramel for 15 seconds at a time until it is smooth and liquid.
- To keep mess to a minimum leave biscotti on parchment lined tray, dip fork or tip of spoon into caramel and drizzle over cookies, allow to set.
- Keep sealed in an air tight container in fridge for a month.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.