Making homemade beauty products is a favorite DIY of mine and this recipe for a Vanilla Mint Lip Exfoliator is a great choice. Using a lip scrub helps remove dead skin cells, keeping lips smooth. They can be quite expensive to purchase, but as so cheap and easy to make at home for regular use! I also love to make up a few to give away to my sisters and friends. Using basic pantry ingredients and essential oils to make your own homemade beauty products is a great way to keep your beauty routine safer while also staying budget friendly.
Vanilla Mint Lip Exfoliator
Using a lip exfoliator on a regular basis is a great way to make sure your lips stay soft. Vanilla Mint is an ideal combination of flavors, and will definitely make your lips more kissable. If you are like many, chapped lips can be a huge annoyance. Making your own vanilla mint lip exfoliator is a great way to prevent that from happening! You slough off the dead skin and replenish moisture with the coconut oil!
This post contains affiliate links.
Most of these ingredients are already in your pantry. If not, they are easy to find online or in your local stores. We keep these in the pantry all the time, and peppermint essential oil is one of our favorite oils to have on hand. Since you are just using on the exterior in a carrier oil, it is safe for regular use. Peppermint oil should NOT be used on children under 3 years old at all and should be used with caution for children under 6 years old. If you have a young child, I would either do this at night after they are in bed (so you aren't tempted to smooch them), leave out the peppermint essential oil, or use our Lemon Raspberry Lip Scrub instead!
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
Transfer to airtight containers and store for up to 6 months.
Use small lip balm containers if making as gifts or a simple airtight container with a good lid to store for yourself.
How to Use:
- Wet lips and apply scrub generously.
- Rub in a circular motion to allow the sugar to exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer, lip gloss, or a lipstick.
As you can see, this vanilla mint lip exfoliator is super easy to make and use. I prefer storing this in small containers next to my sink in the bathroom, but if you plan to gift there are many options for lip balm containers that work great. Being able to add this homemade solution to a gift basket for your friends and family is a great way to give back to those you love. It's easy to make a homemade product into something unique and personalized.
If you love making homemade beauty products, this is a great starter project. It is ideal for daily use, but also a great choice for making with kids. Since the ingredients are safe for regular use, you can easily turn this into a fun birthday party project for kids, or just a way to make gifts for teachers or friends.
Vanilla Mint Lip Exfoliator
This Vanilla Mint Lip Exfoliator is a great homemade beauty product recipe that everyone on your gift list will love! Make and use daily for softer lips!
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Optional – 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to airtight containers and store for up to 6 months.
- Use small lip balm containers if making as gifts or a simple airtight container with a good lid to store for yourself.
How to Use:
1. Wet lips and apply scrub generously.
2. Rub in a circular motion to allow the sugar to exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse with warm water.
4. Pat dry with a towel.
5. Apply your favorite moisturizer, lip gloss, or a lipstick.
More DIY Beauty Products:
- Cherry Vanilla Homemade Lip Scrub
- Lemon Raspberry Homemade Lip Scrub
- Vanilla Homemade Lip Balm
- Sugar Cookie Lip Scrub
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.