Most homemade lip scrubs have sugar to exfoliate, oil to moisturize, and scents and essential oils to brighten up your homemade beauty routine! These 21 homemade lip scrubs are super easy to make at home, with most using 5 ingredients or less.
Whipping up your own lip scrubs takes about 10-15 minutes from start to done and tidied up, making this a quick DIY beauty project for any day of the week!
Put your favorite recipe in a cute glass container, add a pretty label, and you have an amazing homemade beauty gift to send to your friends and family! Add your favorite sugar scrub and maybe some bath bombs for a fun gift set!
Have you ever exfoliated your lips? It is one of my favorite quick beauty tricks. In Iowa, I have to deal with nasty cold winter winds and hot summer days where staying hydrated is an issue. My lips can quickly become dry and cracked. Increasing my fluid intake and applying lip balm doesn't always do the trick. Then my sister told me to exfoliate them. What a difference it makes!
However, I don't like the idea of paying $10 or so for an organic lip scrub every time I need more, even one as delicious as this one, so I had to go hunting for some easy DIY lip scrub recipes! Use one of these 21 homemade lip scrubs to have super soft and healthy lips!
21 Homemade Lip Scrubs
Chocolate Lip Scrubs
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub: This lip scrub is chocolate heaven. Made with only four edible ingredients, it will leave your lips feeling silky smooth, plus you might just discover you love eating it.
- 5 Minute Cocoa Lip Scrub: With only 4 ingredients and five minutes, you can whip up this delicious smelling (and tasting) lip scrub!
- Mint Chocolate Lip Scrub: This one uses Spirulina powder as a natural colorant, cocoa, and mint extract for flavoring and scent. An unusual but delish combo!
Brown Sugar Lip Scrubs
- Pucker Up Sugar Scrub: Organic Coconut oil, agave nectar, and organic brown sugar are what make this lip sugar scrub a powerhouse. It will leave your lips velvety soft even in the harshest weather.
- Brown Sugar Lip Scrub: Brown sugar is the great exfoliating base of this sugar lip scrub. Orange and ginger essential oils give it a little pep to its step. This would also make an awesome gift!
- Tangerine Brown Sugar Lip Scrub: Who would think that tangerine and brown sugar would pair up so nicely. The bright hints of citrus can be taken even further with some optional peppermint essential oil for a fresh and minty flavor.
Minty Lip Scrubs
- Spearmint Lip Scrub: Spearmint is such a refreshing scent! Four ingredients in this sugar lip scrub, including a vibrant green coloring, to brighten up your beauty routine.
- Peppermint Lip Scrub: You can't really have a roundup of homemade lip scrubs without a good peppermint scrub. This easy DIY scrub from Simply Stacie is so easy anyone can make it.
- Mint Coffee Lip Scrub: Cocoa, peppermint essential oil, and coffee grounds come together to make this pick me up lip scrub. It's like your favorite coffeehouse for your lips.
Honey Lip Scrubs
- Honey Lavender Lip Scrub: Lavender essential oil and organic honey make up these wonderful lip scrub. Added Vitamin E oil will make your lips even softer than normal and shield them against harsh weather.
- Honey Lime Lip Scrub: Honey lime sugar scrub sounds as heavenly as it is. Fresh lime brightens your smile while honey soothes your lips.
- Manuka Honey Lip Scrub: Manuka is a milder form of tea tree essential oil, and all you need is one drop to make this lip scrub! The honey paired up with the manuka makes for a great hydrating lip scrub.
Fruity Lip Scrubs
- Strawberry Daiquiri Lip Scrub: Who says strawberry daiquiris are just for drinking? This fun and flirty lip scrub has strawberry flavor and lime essential oil in it. It's a fun way to change up your lip scrubs!
- Kiwi Surprise Lip Scrub Kiwi just says summertime, but you can use this kiwi surprise sugar scrub all year round. Just 3 simple ingredients; kiwi, grapeseed oil, and sugar; help brighten your day a little bit.
- Orange Blossom Lip Scrub Orange, vanilla, sugar, and oil are all you need to make this simple DIY lip sugar scrub. Essential oils brighten it up with a fun citrusy scent.
- Orange Creamsicle Lip Scrub: This Orange creamsicle lip scrub smells as good as it sounds. The powerhouse team of vanilla bean and orange essential oils are a fun way to get your lips in top shape.
Misc. Lip Scrubs
- 3 Ingredient Lip Scrub: You can make this 3 ingredient sugar scrub with items you probably already have in your pantry! It's that easy!
- Homemade Vanilla Lip Scrub: Tie a little bow around this homemade vanilla lip scrub and it makes a frugal homemade gift, or you can gift it to yourself! Olive oil, vanilla seeds, and of course, sugar bring together the warmth and sweetness of this lip scrub.
- Cinnamon Lip Scrub: Cinnamon in this lip scrub has a little bit of a plumping effect if you're looking for pouty lips. The olive oil and raw honey helps hydrate while the sugar exfoliates away dead skin.
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub: If you are looking for something to make you feel like a kid again, this fun bubblegum lip scrub is it! It uses food coloring and bubblegum flavoring to make a bright and fun scrub!
- Gingersnap Lip Scrub: This gingersnap lip scrub smells so good you just might want to eat it. It's not just a fun lip scrub recipe but it's made from all edible ingredients too!
Making a homemade lip scrub is a super easy project that you can involve the kiddos with! Mine love playing with other favorite flavors and essential oils or extracts to create unique lip scrubs. They help come up with some of my favorite recipes. You can easily make bulk batches and store for gifts, or make as needed.
You could even grab some small labels and add to the lids with ingredient lists and flavors. This makes such a fun gift idea, but really is one of those items you'll love making for yourself and your significant other will love your ultra-soft lips!
More Homemade Lip Scrub Recipes:
- Cherry Vanilla Homemade Lip Scrub
- Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub
- Vanilla Latte Lip Scrub
- Lemon Raspberry Lip Scrub
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.