Microdermabrasion is exfoliation that removes the dead skin cells on your outermost layer of skin. Microdermabrasion takes care of the layer of skin that is affected by wrinkles, acne and scarring. Having your own Personal MicroDermabrasion (PMD) device means that you are able to do at home, what was before only available from Dermatologists. After that outer layer of skin is removed, your skin will begin to regenerate.This promotes collagen growth and the renewal of your skin cells. Having removed the outer layer of dead cells is supposed to help moisturizer to be absorbed more fully.
The directions state that you should:
- Wash your face thoroughly, removing all oil, dirt and makeup.
- Completely dry your face.
- After choosing which exfoliating disc that you're going to use, place it on shaft and screw it as well as the cap on completely.
- Make sure the disc and cap are secure.
- Using your fingers stretch your skin so that it is tight where you touch the disc tip to your skin.
- Make sure that the PMD is constantly moving.
- Use only light pressure until you become accustomed to it. You can increase the pressure with later treatments.
- Stay above the eyebrows and below the cheekbones, because the skin is very sensitive in those areas.
- Once the treatment is done, be sure to use a good moisturizer on you skin.
- Use sunscreen for a few days after the treatment.
You should only use the PMD once every 7 days to allow the skin time to fully heal between uses. Before using it the first time, be sure to test it somewhere other than your face so that you can become accustomed to using it. This also helps you to know if it will be safe to use on your face. Your face will become reddened after the treatment. You should stop using this if you experience any pain while using the PMD.
I'm a bit of a wimp, so I used it on my arm the first two times. The first time I used it on my face, I was only brave enough to do a small section along my jaw line. The skin looked a little raw for a day, but it wasn't sensitive to touch. Thank goodness because the twins love to hold my face when talking! I will definitely continue to use it, working up to larger areas. Since I am only treating small areas, it doesn't take long at all and each disc will last a little longer than normal.
Connect with PMD through your favorite social network:
I was provided with my own PMD free of charge in exchange for my honest review. All opinions and thoughts are my own.