While granola bars and fruit are easy, this Freezer Breakfast Sausage Breakfast Burrito recipe is one of our favorites to make large batches of and keep on hand.
Nothing is as yummy as eggs, cheese, sausage wrapped in a warm tortilla. These freezer breakfast burritos really are a great staple in your home for quick breakfasts. You can make a large batch like this to wrap and freeze for later, or you can make them to feed your family a big brunch when the extended family is over. This is a large recipe, but it is so yummy everyone will come back for seconds!
You start with some of your favorite sausage. We prefer turkey or chicken sausage, but you can use pork. Just find what your family loves the best. Chorizo is even an option for some.
Brown your sausage, pepper, onion and garlic together until its' cooked through, then add in your eggs and seasoning. It's that simple. A quick skillet egg dish that then quickly transfers into your warmed flour tortillas.
We put a spoon in a tortilla, sprinkle on some cheese and roll burrito style. You can serve with salsa or pico if you wish.Print
Freezer Meal Breakfast Burritos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 12 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Pound Turkey Sausage
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil.
- Crumble turkey sausage in pan and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Mix in onions, peppers and garlic and cook additional 5 minutes or until tender.
- Pour in eggs, salt and pepper and cook until eggs are set. Typically another 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in cheese and remove from heat allowing to melt.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons egg mixture into middle of tortilla.
- Roll like a burrito.
Wrap these burritos in plastic wrap and then store in large plastic freezer bags making sure to label properly. When you are ready to eat, simply remove from freezer and unwrap. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook in microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until heated through.
These are so easy to make in large batches and freeze ahead and we love being able to adapt to our own health and taste needs. Whole wheat tortillas, flavored tortillas or traditional flour tortillas are all great options. Add in some taco seasoning, salsa or even chopped jalapeños for a bit of kick. These Freezer Breakfast Sausage Breakfast Burritos are an easy go to meal for busy parents on the go.
Need more breakfast ideas?
- Freezer Friendly Sausage & Cheese Breakfast Poppers
- Country Style Breakfast Tacos
- Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Strawberry Scones
- Peanut Butter & Banana Quinoa Muffins
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.