These Peanut Butter & Banana Quinoa Muffins are a tasty way to start your day! Packed full of protein, potassium, and magnesium, this quinoa muffin recipe makes for a very nutritional breakfast and is a great way to sneak some extra fiber into your diet.
Quinoa is a staple at our house when we aren't doing a Paleo cleanse. It's one of my favorite superfoods and we use it in a lot of casserole dishes, but I wanted to find a way to incorporate it more often so I headed to Pinterest to hunt down some ideas. I was shocked to see how many quinoa muffin recipes there are and had to put my own spin on it! This Peanut Butter and Banana Quinoa muffin recipe was the result!
Gather up all your ingredients and set the oven to 350. While it's preheating, let's get started! Rise the quinoa in a mesh strainer until the water is clear. Prepare your muffin pan with cupcake liners or oil and flour it. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions (scroll down for the printable recipe). While it cooks, I get everything else for the batter measured out. I normally have little helpers, so everything takes a bit longer to get ready.
Whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cooked quinoa.
Using your stand mixer (you can do it by hand, but a stand mixer like this one makes things so much easier!), combine the oil, peanut butter, milk, egg, bananas and vanilla on medium speed. Slowly add in your dry mixture on slow until everything is combined, but don't over mix it! As soon as everything is moist, you are good to go!
Fill each of your muffin cups about 2/3 the way with your delicious batter and try not to steal a taste. Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Try not to eat them all at once…or go ahead and splurge a bit!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bananas
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse Quinoa in fine strainer until water runs clear.
- Line muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Bring the quinoa and the water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
- Whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cooked quinoa.
- Combine the oil, peanut butter, milk, egg, bananas and vanilla at medium speed.
- Slowly add the dry mixture, mixing on slow until combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.