There is just something about a chocolate chip cookie that no one can resist! We love these Spring Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are a fun twist on a classic, incorporating the colors of spring with the deliciousness of our favorite cookie!
These cookies are a huge hit with the kids, because – well everyone loves cookies – but mostly because they have all the fun colors. Not only are they excited to eat yummy chocolate chip cookies, they enjoy comparing to see who gets what colors in each cookie! This classic recipe is just another reason to love Nestle Toll House chips since they are easy to make and always perfect fresh from the oven.
Spring Chocolate Chip Cookies
Grab your ingredients and aprons, and get the kids in the kitchen to help you make these yummy cookies. Not only is it simple to mix them up, but it is always fun to sneak a lick of the spoon before you wash up. This is a great way to teach kids about measurements, cleanliness in the kitchen and even sanitation. Every room of the house can be a classroom, especially the kitchen!
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Nestle Spring semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the extracts and stir.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared pans.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
Serve these cookies up warm fresh out of the oven with a nice glass of milk, almond milk or soy milk. Add a few drops of pink or yellow food coloring to the milk to match the fun Spring Chocolate Chip Cookies colors! Special treats like this make the warm weather that much better for everyone. Pack them up and share with friends or take them as a snack when you head to the park, just make sure you have an extra batch ready for later!
What is your favorite way to celebrate spring?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.