Planning a huge halloween get-together? Or maybe you just like to celebrate the fall season with a few friends and family. Either way, you'll need a fabulous and easy dessert that is sure to please! These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are perfect, because they are super easy to make, but filled with the flavors of the season!
In fact, these cupcakes nearly fat-free! How? Instead of oil or butter, they contain applesauce and pumpkin puree. Adding some fruits and vegetables in this form is a wonderful way to sweeten and add moisture to baked goods without adding fat. These pumpkin spice cupcakes come out deliciously moist with no oil or butter! So you can feel ok about eating 2 (or, in my case, 3).
These cupcakes are so easy to make, they are perfect for having kids help. Baking together is such a fun family tradition!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Fill a muffin tin with haloween-themed cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spice.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin/ applesauce mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into each cupcake paper.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting. I really like cream cheese frosting with this recipe, but buttercream works as well.
- Decorate with your choice of holiday-themed sprinkles! I love this decorating mix by Wilton.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.