When I think of great meals to freeze, pasta and casseroles reign high on my list. They are hearty, sturdy and easy to take from freezer straight to the oven for reheating. This Stuffed Manicotti Freezer Meal is one of my favorites because it's an all in one meal that serves our family easily and heartily. This is also a great meal to have in the freezer for unexpected company as it turns out beautiful and makes a great presentation on the table. I am including the recipe for my favorite stuffing but you can use a vegetarian cheese and veggie combo, Italian sausage alone or whatever your go-to shell stuffing would be.Print
Stuffed Manicotti: 30 Days of Freezer Cooking
- Category: Freezer Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 Box Manicotti (12–14 count Cooked to al dente and set aside)
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage cooked and drained
- 1 10 oz Package Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella (reserve ½ cup)
- 1 Can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Minced Garlic
- 3 Cups Favorite Marinara or Tomato Based Pasta Sauce
- In large skillet mix together sausage, spinach, roasted tomatoes, oregano and minced garlic.
- Heat through over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in mozzarella.
- Use a small spoon to stuff each manicotti with 2 tablespoons mixture layering into the bottom of a pre-spayed disposable foil pan.
- Cover manicotti with pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella cheese
- Cover top of foil lined pan with plastic wrap. Seal with lid or layer of aluminum foil.
- Label and freeze.
- Remove from freezer.
- Remove aluminum foil and set aside.
- Remove Plastic wrap.
- Replace Aluminum foil and heat at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbling and cheese melted.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our 30 Days of Freezer Cooking series!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.