I am so excited to share with you all about a new cookbook my friend Katie just released. The Mediterranean Air Fryer book is loaded with delicious recipes all made in an air fryer. Healthy, full of flavor, and easy to prepare, this book features 95 recipes you will love, including a delicious Falafel with Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
Mediterranean Air Fryer Falafel with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Katie has been cooking since she was a young child, and recently put together a cookbook featuring some of her favorite Mediterranean Diet recipes. Since she is also a huge fan of her air fryer, it just made sense to combine the two into a cookbook featuring fresh foods that are also easy to prepare in this counter top appliance.
I love Mediterranean foods and anything that saves time in the kitchen, so I knew I wanted to check out this cookbook. What's not to love about delicious foods that also happen to be super easy to prepare?!
Guilty admission: Before Katie told me about her book I hadn't used an air fryer. Ever. I'm not a big fan of fried food & thought I wouldn't use one often. To be able to try out a few recipes from her book, I stole my mom's air fryer. And quickly decided I need one of them!
What is Different About This Cookbook?
If you aren't familiar with the Mediterranean diet or style of foods then one thing you'll want to know right away is that they are full of fresh foods. The Mediterranean diet in particular focuses on whole grains, vegetables, lean proteins, and tons of fresh herbs.
In this cookbook, you'll see a lot of lemon juice, oregano, parsley, olive oil, and garlic. These are classic flavors in Mediterranean cooking, and carry over easily to take an air fryer preparation.
The air fryer is all about cooking and adding a nice crisp texture without soaking up tons of unhealthy oils and fats. Instead, you can add texture by allowing the hot air to move all around the foods. Healthy fats like olive oil add flavor and color when crisping in the air fryer. A perfect combination for good health!
A bonus in this book in particular is that all of the recipes have easy preparation and limited steps. This is perfect for someone both new to cooking and new to the air fryer.
What Recipes Should I Expect in Mediterranean Air Fryer?
The Mediterranean Air Fryer book includes an introduction to air frying with tips on Mediterranean cooking in particular. Alongside this information, are 7 chapters of delicious recipes you will love adding to your meal plan.
- Breakfast including recipes like avocado toast, red pepper and feta frittata, whole wheat banana bread, and even baked peach oatmeal.
- Appetizers including recipes like air fryer pita chips, spanikopita dip, red pepper tapenade, and mini crab cakes.
- Vegetables including spiced honey walnut carrots, citrus roasted broccoli florets, and Parmesan and herb sweet potatoes.
- Grains and legumes including spicy lentil patties, Greek baked beans, and Mediterranean creamed green peas.
- Fish and seafood include recipes like pesto shrimp with wild rice pilaf, whole red snapper, and honey glazed salmon.
- Poultry and meat including lemon pepper chicken thighs, breaded turkey cutlets, chicken shawarma, and herb roasted beef tips with onions.
- Snacks and sweets include crispy chili chickpeas, spiced roasted cashews, carrot cake cupcakes, and stuffed figs with goat cheese and honey.
Air Fryer Falafel with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
One of my favorite recipes included in the Mediterranean Air Fryer book is the falafel with garlic sauce recipe. It's so delicious, easy to make, and healthy. That sounds perfect to me!
I love the idea of making this recipe and serving alongside a nice bright salad and some fresh pita. You could turn this into a full vegetarian meal or add a bit of the chicken shawarma from this cookbook to build a platter of Mediterranean foods you'll love immediately.
Where Can I Find This Cookbook?
You can pick up your own copy of the Mediterranean Air Fryer book on Amazon right now. The eBook version is available right now, and the paperback will be shipping starting 9/15/20 but is already available for pre-order.
BUY NOW VIA LINK BELOW
Mediterranean Air Fryer by Katie Hale
If you pick up this cookbook, make sure to leave a review on Amazon to let her know what you think!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.