This Strawberry Green Smoothie is a great way to increase your veggie intake first thing in the morning! Simply blend, pour, and enjoy a nutritious green smoothie that tastes delicious!
Smoothies are part of our daily routine. For kids, eating enough fruits & veggies can be a real challenge. We don’t have any picky eaters, but they don’t always eat ENOUGH food to get all the nutrients they need. It’s much more fun to run around and play, read a book, play on a Kindle, or watch a movie than sit down at the table at eat. I’ve learned you can sneak spinach, kale, carrots, and even collard greens into a smoothie without them noticing (my husband is pickier than the kids)! Luckily for me, the boys all love helping come up with new smoothie creations.
Depending on what type of smoothie you have, you may just be able to throw everything in at once. We have a Ninja & if I’m doing a single serving I follow the directions below. If I’m using the actual blender, I put in my liquid first then add everything else at once. That thing has 3 rows of blades and can go through anything!
- 1 Cups Raw Spinach
- 2 ½ Cups Frozen Strawberries
- 3 ½ Cups Water
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- Place frozen strawberries into your blender.
- Pour water over top of berries. and turn blender onto high speed.
- Blend for a minute until berries and water become nice and smooth. If it stops blending add additional water a ¼ Cup at a time until you get a smooth consistency.
- Once the mixture in the blender is freely moving add in your honey and spinach.
- Blend for about 45 seconds until the spinach is all blended into the strawberries.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and enjoy watching your child drinking their veggies. Cheers!
What is your favorite smoothie recipe? Check out the Top Green Smoothie Recipes Roundup for more ideas!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.