You may have noticed by now that I am a huge coffee addict. Whether its a cup of hot coffee in the morning, iced coffee on a hot day, or chocolate covered espresso beans, I have a hard time resisting. Needless to say, I fell in love with this Coffee Bean Bark. Chocolate & coffee – 2 of my favorite things! Now, this isn't for the decaf drinkers out there. Rather this is a hide it from the children and try to limit yourself type of treat.
Like all barks, it also makes a great gift. Place a little bit of bark into a cellophane, tie it with some raffia, and put it in a cute coffee mug from your local dollar store. Attach the following warning label & you have a great gift for your favorite coffee lover.
**Warning ingesting high amounts of Coffee Bean Bark may cause; sleeplessness jitters, or possible high amounts of productivity. As with all caffeine products use with caution….or wild abandon-your choice. **
- ½ pound good quality coffee beans
- 8 oz. chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Start by spreading coffee beans on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Roast beans in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds at a time- stirring each time.
- Pour roasted beans into bowl and stir to coat them all.
- Using the back of said spoon spread over parchment lined baking sheet.
- You can either let it set for several hours or if you are impatient put it in the freezer for about a half an hour.
- When bark has set, break into SMALL pieces and place in bags.