Busy parents shouldn't mean the family has to eat fast food or frozen meals every night. This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff that you prepare in your slow cooker is perfect for a hot, delicious meal the whole family will enjoy! I went on the hunt for something delicious that could cook in my slow cooker during the day and need little attention but not taste bland or overcooked. Boy did I find what I was looking for in this dish! Oh, and don't be concerned about the lack of “wet” ingredients in the cooking stage. Our chicken was melt in your mouth tender!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- 4 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 ~.7 oz package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of mixed vegetables
Set your cooker to the low setting and toss the chicken, butter/margarine, and dry dressing packet;
Mix until the chicken is well coated.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Add the cream cheese, mixed vegetables and can of soup and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Serve over rice or pasta.
We've already discovered different ways to really play to my family's tastes in this easy dish!
* Add red pepper flakes during step one to let the chicken really soak up the heat
* Add sauteed onions and bell peppers instead of the mixed veggies
* Use cheddar cheese or cheese and broccoli soup instead of the chicken flavor
* When you're short on time, this recipe can be cooked on your high setting in 2-3 hours!
Check out more Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.