Overnight oatmeal is a quick and healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Oatmeal is one of the undisputed “Super Foods” and packs a powerful punch with healthy carbohydrates, cholesterol lowering soluble fiber, and hunger fighting compounds. This recipe is delicious right from the fridge or heated up in the microwave.
I love that you can prep several containers per person on Sunday and it stays good for 3-4 days. Make the base and season in the morning or add your favorite dried fruit at night.Print
Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oatmeal
- ¼ cup quick cook oats
- ½ cup whole or skim milk (soy or almond)
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
Blueberry Vanilla Mix-in
- 2 Tbsp. Blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix ingredients in a small jar.
- Put in fridge overnight to allow oats to soak up the milk and soften.
- Add blueberries and vanilla in the morning.
- Stir & serve (hot or cold, depending on your preference)
You can do about anything with this recipe. Some of our other variations are:
- Heat ½ a small apple in microwave for 30-45 seconds to soften.
- Chop into small pieces, add to base.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, and ½ tsp. cinnamon.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Add 2 Tbsp. raisins, 1 tsp. vanilla, and ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- Stir well.
- Add 2 Tbsp raspberries & 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Stir well.
What is your favorite oatmeal topping or mix-in?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.