When I think of pizza I typically think of gooey cheesy deliciousness on a nice thick crust with a rich tomato sauce and tons of veggies, but this is a whole different pizza that invokes smiles and smacking of lips every time it’s served. Although it does have fruit on it, it is not the healthiest snack around. It is however a fun way to get kids involved in the kitchen and creating things. And of course, it’s also a way to get them to try fruits they might turn their nose up at otherwise. I love making these during the summer for the kids and letting them do most of the work for me while I supervise the kitchen. The recipe is so simple and fun and makes them feel like they have done something big simply because the end product always looks so beautiful and tastes so delicious. Feel free to adapt the fruits with other soft ripe fruits of your choice as desired.
Easy Fruit Pizza
EASY FRUIT PIZZA
- 1 Sugar Cookie Crust (may use ready made dough or use recipe below)
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- ½ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Sliced Strawberries
- ½ cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1-2 kiwis peeled and sliced
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For Sugar Cookies: In large bowl beat together sugar, butter and egg until well blended and smooth. Add vanilla. Gradually mix in dry ingredients until dough begins to form.
- On large pizza pan, pat cookie dough out to form “crust”. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and allow cooling.
- In small bowl mix together softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread mixture evenly over cooled cookie crust. Place fruit on pizza in design of choice. Chill and slice in traditional pizza style to serve.
Lauren @ I am THAT lady
This looks awesome! I can probably make it gluten free too! Thanks for linking up this week to our Follow our Thrift link up!
Made From Pinterest
I love fruit pizza, and this looks easy too! Thanks for sharing:)
Penny @ The Comforts of Home
Sounds great! I would love it if you would share this on my Tasty Tuesday party!
Love fruit pizza and this looks great! Checking it out from Talent Tuesday Link Party 🙂
April @ The 21st Century Housewife
What a lovely wholesome treat! Your Fruit Pizza looks so pretty too. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.
Barb @ A Life in Balance
Looks yummy! This would make a fun alternative to traditional birthday cake for kids.
We would just love your Fruit Pizza, it looks delicious and a very special treat. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Oh my, this is getting pinned. My kids would LOVE this (I’m sure I would, too)! Thank you for sharing at our #HomeMattersParty with us. Drop by and visit again this Friday!