Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Whether the person is an infant, child, teen, adult or senior adult after a long night of being without food, the body needs breakfast to get it going in the morning. So why do 31 Million Americans skip breakfast each day?
If you are one of the people who skips breakfast, you are doing a disservice to your body. Not only will you have less energy for the day, you will also be less alert and could make you irritable. If you want to be at your best, whether going to school or work, eating a good healthy breakfast can help your day go better.
Eating something first thing in the morning will give your blood sugar a much needed boost. Children who eat breakfast each day also do better on cognitive tests, and eating breakfast will also keep you from making bad food choices later in the day.
Since breakfast is so important, how can you ensure you have time to eat breakfast each day?
- Think about what time you have to be out of the house. Set your alarm clock about a half hour earlier. Your body will still get enough rest, and you will have time to eat.
- Prepare as much of your morning meal the night before as possible. If you are in a hurry in the morning, you can always grab a piece of fruit and an ounce of cheese. Your body needs both carbohydrates and protein to make it through the day.
- If you don’t have time to eat breakfast, you can also keep single-serve granola, trail mix or an energy bar in your desk, backpack or briefcase and snack on the go.
- Many people say they skip breakfast because they are not hungry in the morning. If that is you, try eating dinner earlier in the day so you will be hungry when morning comes.
- When you don’t like breakfast foods, there isn’t anything requiring you to eat them. Eat a sandwich or leftovers from the previous night, just make sure to eat something!
You know how important breakfast is for everyone in your family. Remember, you have the biggest influence on your children and what they eat, so be a good role model and they’ll be more likely to eat a good breakfast, too!
To help you on your way of eating a good breakfast every morning, here is a list of breakfast recipes for you to try out.
- Easy Sausage & Cheese Breakfast Bites
- Fruit and Rice Breakfast “Pudding”
- Spinach and Feta Egg Toast Cups Recipe – Easy Breakfast for One or a Crowd
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 3-Ingredient Egg Bacon Baguette Breakfast Recipe
- Hash Brown Casserole
- Easy French Toast Cup Recipe
- Masala Bread Toast: Breakfast Recipe
- A Two Bite Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups
- Cheddar Vegetable Quiche
- Cheesy French Toast Recipe
- Crockpot French Toast
So there you have it! Now you're all set with some pretty awesome breakfast ideas to jazz up your mornings. Remember, it's all about fueling your body right and setting yourself up for a super successful day.
Whether you're a fan of the classics like French toast or want to try something new like masala toast, these recipes have got you covered. Try them out, mix things up a bit, and let's make skipping breakfast a thing of the past!
Can't wait to hear how these breakfast ideas work for you. Here's to a breakfast-filled future – your body and brain will thank you!