I love all the fun recipes in the fall, especially anything that uses pumpkin. This pumpkin cake recipe uses canned pumpkin, but I substitute fresh pumpkin whenever I have it on hand! It is very easy to throw together and only takes about 20 minutes, plus baking time!
I enjoy playing with presentation, so this one was decorated with powdered sugar & some fall stencils. You could also use a pumpkin shaped pan, orange frosting and use candy corns and black licorice to make the pumpkin's face.
- 3 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and spices.
- In a separate bowl combine beaten eggs, vegetable oil and pumpkin puree.
- Mix well and add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture.
- Mix well. Fold in chopped walnuts (if using).
- Place in a lightly greased baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for approximately 25 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- Decorate with orange frosting, candy corn and licorice to form a pumpkin face or use stencils & powdered sugar.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.