Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Everywhere! The first sign of crisp weather always has me craving pumpkin! This easy pumpkin bar recipe is the perfect recipe to make on a lazy day!
It's only 2 ingredients (plus frosting if you want it) and only costs about $4 if you don't use any coupons. Having quick and frugal fall snacks is a great way to appease the kids without breaking your budget. Try changing up the cake mix (Spice cake makes it SO much better), add some pumpkin pie spice or make your own, dust some powdered sugar on top, or (my favorite) top with whipped cream! Because the kids love frosting so much, I sometimes serve it with my homemade cream cheese frosting (scroll down for the printable recipe).
I hope you all enjoy making these pumpkin bars and enjoy eating them as well! They were a huge hit among my family, they were gone in a matter of minutes!! I think they would be a great, easy dessert to serve at a holiday party!
Need more pumpkin recipes? Check out our fall recipe section!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can of pure pumpkin
- Start by mixing together the cake mix & your can of pumpkin (do not add the oil & eggs listed on the cake mix - just the pumpkin).
- You can add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc to spice it up.
- Bake as directed on the cake box!
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool!
- Cut your cake into squares and frost - Cool Whip works too!
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 6 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Just simply mix together all these ingredients and you should get a delicious, fluffy cream cheese frosting! Spread over your pumpkin bars and enjoy!