Espresso Trifle is an elegant dessert for any occasion. Trifle is generally a dessert dish made from thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, fruit juice or jelly, and whipped cream. These ingredients are then arranged in layers. There are so many different ways to tweak a trifle recipe though, and one made with espresso is fantastic for breakfast, paired with a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix (prepared)
- 1 large box instant chocolate fudge pudding (prepared)
- 1 carton Cool Whip
- 1 cup brewed strong coffee or espresso
- Cut Devil’s Food cake into 2” cubes, and add enough to bottom of trifle bowl to cover the bottom.
- Pour ¼ cup of coffee evenly over cake.
- Top with ¾ cup pudding, spread until smooth.
- Add 1” layer of Cool Whip.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until bowl is full.
- Top with cake crumbs and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
More Coffee Recipes:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.