An organized home starts with an organized mind! If you are a naturally unorganized person, there isn’t a system that will work for you until you reboot your thinking! Before you tackle your house, tackle your mind. Think positively and give yourself permission to struggle, as long as you keep moving forward. Check out these tips to become an organized person, starting with being mentally organized!
Welcome to 31 Days to an Organized Home! I was originally going to work through this series room by room, but then I realized I should share how I finally managed to go from being a hot mess to having my house and life (mostly) in order. I tried so many different systems, but they all failed. None of them address that I wasn’t used to being organized so staying that way was a lot of work. One day, I realized it wasn’t the system that failed, but me! I was my own worst enemy & no matter how organized I was, I still thought of myself as a disorganized person, which would turn into a self fulfilling prophecy!
Tips to Get Mentally Organized:
- Positive self talk goes a long way. If this is something you struggle with, Quirky Inspired is sharing podcasts on how to get in touch with your inner Quirky & Inspire yourself! I got to preview her first one (goes live today!) and was impressed with how open she was & how much she stresses finding your own path, without letting anyone (including you) drag you down!
- Start small. Don’t feel you have to keep up with all the tips I’ll be sharing over the course of the month. If it takes you a week to make it through each area, it takes you a week.
- Give yourself permission. You are an imperfect being. You will struggle with some areas. Some things may make you fall. Just get back up and keep working at it.
- Don’t go overboard. I’ll be sharing some amazing organizational products over the next month. You don’t need them all, or even ANY of them. Do what works for your space, your style, and, most importantly, your budget! There are always alternatives that you can make at home, even if you aren’t the least bit crafty.
- Declutter like crazy. Let go of anything that isn’t serving you. Whether it’s an old pair of shoes you never wear, movies you never watch, or a stack of magazines you’ll never read, toss or donate it. Get it out of your house to make room for the things you do love.
- Define Organization: Does organization mean just being able to find what you need easily? Having a place for everything and everything in it’s place? Having pretty places to hide clutter? Having a clutter free home? Set your definition and achieve it!
Looking for more ways to get organized? Check out the entire 31 Days to an Organized Home series!
Are you looking for more tips beside what is being shared in the 31 Days of Homeschooling Tips for Moms? I would love to invite you the community inspired by this series, as we strive to inspire, encourage and empower our readers in everything homeschooling.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.