I love getting takeout from our local Chinese restaurant, but with 4 little kids it doesn't happen very often. After playing with a few different recipes, I finally found one that has me skipping the takeout! This broccoli & beef is a healthier and tastier version than the one I used to get and much cheaper to make!
I use a few different types of steak, depending on sale prices. Round steak or flank steak are my favorites. Sometimes I cheat and buy shredded carrots, but I generally let my 8yo use the mandolin to slice them and finish cutting them myself. We've found the addition of carrots really helps complete this, while providing extra nutrients, and all the boys love carrots so it's a win-win!
If you don't have a favorite teriyaki sauce, it is super simple to make! One of my favorite recipes only uses 4 ingredients and is a delicious gluten-free teriyaki sauce that you can in the fridge for whenever you need it!
- 1.5 pounds round steak (cubed or sliced)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- 2.5 cups broccoli
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 3 Tbsp of your favorite teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Combine beef, carrots, onion, broth and teriyaki sauce in crock pot. Cover
- Cook on low for 7 1/4 hours.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 Tbsp cold water.
- Add broccoli and cornstarch water to crock pot.
- Cover and cook an additional 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.