Grilled cheese with soup or a salad makes a quick, easy lunch but its also easy to become bored with. We like to try variations of the typical American cheese version. One of our favorites is mozzarella, pesto, tomatoe and whole grain bread. Sometimes I will add a slice of tomato and a little basil in there.
What is your favorite sandwich?
Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 Tbsp butter (softened, divided in half)
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce (divided)
- 2 to mato slices
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Butter one side of a slice of bread.
- Place buttered side down into a skillet on medium heat.
- Spread half of the pesto onto the bread.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top, followed by a tomato & the other slice of cheese.
- Spread the other half of the pesto onto the second piece of bread & place it onto the sandwich.
- Butter the exposed side of the bread.
- Cook on one side until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip & cook on the second side for about another 5 minutes.
Kathy Penney @ Sparkles And A Stove
Love this grown up grilled cheese!
Wow! This looks awesome! I just found you over at The Mandatory Mooch! I would love for your to come share your recipe at From the Farm Blog Hop. This week’s party just started!
Fresh Eggs Daily
I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday’s at midnight.
Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
This is a great idea for a summertime meal. Can’t wait to try it with some homemade pesto.
This looks delicious! Sounds like the perfect summer lunch. I can’t wait for all of those tomatoes to start ripening! Thanks for linking up to Motivation Monday!