This Homemade Alfredo Sauce is so simple and delicious you will be shocked you have been buying sauce in a jar! I never knew it was so easy to make a homemade sauce, and you will love our easy to follow recipe!
Ever since I made my first homemade Alfredo sauce a few years ago, it's become my favorite way to eat pasta. Chicken fettuccine Alfredo with steamed broccoli has become a staple at our house now! It's super easy to make – even my sister that is a bit challenged in the kitchen makes her own Alfredo sauce using my recipe now!
Mixing up a simple but delicious batch of this homemade alfredo sauce will become a routine rather than a daunting task. Done in minutes, you'll find yourself adding this to your regular menu plan. Happy faces will greet you when you serve this with your favorite pasta or veggie noodles. You, like me, will be shocked that you ever purchased a jar of sauce in the past.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
If you are following a Primal or keto (low carb) diet plan, you can serve this with zucchini noodles. You may also use this homemade Alfredo sauce over any gluten free or whole wheat pasta if you prefer. Honestly, this is a great sauce with pasta, vegetables, chicken, shrimp, or just as a dipping sauce. Or maybe you're craving some penne chicken alfredo?
Printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
Ingredients for Homemade Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream or half & half
2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried parsley
salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Combine the butter and cream in a medium-sized saucepan heating on medium heat.
Season with salt & pepper.
Once the mixture is heated through, add the 2 cups of Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Serve over cooked pasta of Zucchini noodles made with your spiralizer.
Serving Suggestions for Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Making a delicious homemade alfredo sauce is actually one of those must learn things every home chef should know. It is all about watching the milk and butter to make sure it doesn't burn. Also, using fresh Parmesan instead of the generic bottles you buy near the pasta section of the grocery store is a must. These serving ideas are going to make you see how versatile this is in your menu plan!
- Serve over pasta
- Serve over spiralized vegetables
- Serve with grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, or sauteed scallops
- Serve as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or roasted vegetables
- Substitute as the sauce element of a vegetarian or chicken lasagna
Making homemade alfredo sauce for your family is going to become a part of your normal routine instead of a dreaded chore. Use this recipe instead of jar sauces for every recipe that calls for a rich cheese sauce, and you'll find yourself and your family much more satisfied.
More Easy Recipes:
- Simple Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend Recipe
- Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the butter and cream in a medium-sized saucepan heating on medium heat.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Once the mixture is heated through, add the 2 cups of Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve over cooked pasta of Zucchini noodles.