It's that time of year to begin thinking about all of the amazing flavors and smells of cranberry recipes. One of my favorites is this easy Cranberry Orange Homemade Sugar Scrub to help exfoliate my skin without using harsh chemicals! The recipe below is super easy, and of course, free from harsh chemicals.
Fresh cranberries aren't just for that gelatin side dish at Thanksgiving. They make a wonderful addition to your homemade beauty products. Ever since we made our regular cranberry sugar scrub, I knew I wanted to add these flavors together to try for another exfoliant.
Cranberry Orange Homemade Sugar Scrub
This recipe does require a good food processor to make sure your cranberries are crushed. There are tons of options out there, but I love the Cuisinart Food Processor. It is overall, one of the most durable brands in small appliances, and the food processor works great for tons of things, including this easy homemade sugar scrub. My mom has the Cuisinart and I love it, but at home, I use a Ninja similar to this one.
Ingredients for Cranberry Orange Homemade Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 3 drops liquid vitamin E
- 1 T grated orange peel (optional)
Directions for Orange Cranberry Homemade Sugar Scrub
- Rinse the cranberries and drain in a colander or strainer. Gently dry with a paper towel.
- Add the cranberries to a food processor and make into a paste.
- Add the cranberry paste, granulated sugar, coconut oil, sweet orange oil and vitamin E into a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Transfer the scrub to an airtight container. Sprinkle the grated orange peel on top.
How to store your homemade sugar scrub:
While you may be worried about the cranberries in this homemade sugar scrub going rancid, it is pretty unlikely you will have an issue. I highly recommend using a good glass storage container that has an airtight lid, and if you are concerned, you can even add this to your refrigerator until time to use. Rubbing between your palms will heat it up enough that it will easily glide onto your skin. This should be used within 2-3 weeks if stored outside the refrigerator and is good for up to 3 months if kept refrigerated between uses.
Giving this cranberry orange scrub as a gift:
One of my favorite things about our homemade beauty products is that they are ideal for making into gifts. Whether you plan to give as a Christmas present, birthday gift, or just because, you can easily make an affordable gift using this recipe. Teachers also often love receiving a homemade gift they can use, but make sure to check with them about allergies ahead of time.
Use a small glass container that has an easy open or screw top lid, a bit of ribbon, and a simple round label to create unique gifts that are beautiful and functional! This easy to make cranberry orange homemade sugar scrub is going to become a favorite to make with the bright fresh smell, and holiday theme.
More Homemade Beauty Products:
- Lemon Homemade Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Lavender Body Scrub
- Lemon and Lavender Homemade Bath Bombs
- Vanilla Sugar Scrub with Orange Essential Oil
- Coffee Facial Scrub
- Homemade Muscle Rub with Essential Oils
- Best Sugar Scrub Recipes
Leave a Reply