In the autumn I always crave pumpkin pie, but making a pie seems so daunting. If you love the taste of pumpkin spice but don't want to go through all the trouble of baking a pie. These one-dish Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars recipe is just the thing! It is easily whipped up with ingredients you probably have on hand and is a perfect easy dessert or snack for this time of year.
Rich pumpkin, warm spices, and wonderfully gooey butterscotch sauce round out this trio of autumnal delights.
Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the caramel topping:
- 4 oz butterscotch chips
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Cream together the brown sugar, butter, and egg.
- Slowly fold in the pumpkin puree and spices, until the batter is completely combined.
- Pour into a greased 9"x9" baking pan and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. The edges should be just beginning to brown and a knife poked in the middle should come out clean.
- Cool in the baking pan.
- To make the butterscotch sauce, microwave the butterscotch chips in a glass bowl for 1 minute, stirring once in the middle.
- Add 1-2 tbsp milk to the melted chips and whisk together thoroughly until you have a deliciously gooey butterscotch sauce.
- When the pumpkin bars are cooled completely, drizzle them with the butterscotch sauce and serve warmed.
You may want to double the recipe. Every time I make these at my house they are gone within a day. Don't worry, though, you can put these Pumpkin Butterscotch bars in the freezer and they freeze beautifully. Just take them out and warm in the microwave for a few moments before serving.
Thanks Savanah. Love your recipe.
Sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.
These look so good. Going to pin them for later.
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain
Wow. You can’t go wrong with those ingredients! They look amazing! My boys would devour them!
i would just love your Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars, yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fun weekend!
I just read your Pumpkin Butterscotch Bar recipe again after bookmarking it last week.I really want to make this recipe —-small clarification needed please. You list a stick of butter as a 1/4 cup….. a stick of butter is a 1/2 cup. How much butter do you use in the recipe? Thanks!
Sorry, going to edit now. It is supposed to say 1/2 cup!
These LOOK amazing can’t wait to try and post on my blog how they turn out.
Hi there 🙂 Found your recipe from the learn to blog search page. This looks fabulous, and I wanted to let you know I will be including it in a round up on Sunday 8/31 Have a great day!!
Thank you! Please come back and leave the link so our readers can see the other recipes in your roundup!