Need a fun way to start the day? These Heart Shaped Pancakes with Strawberries & Whipped Cream are perfect for Valentine's Day or any other day of the year!
Serve with a common breakfast protein, like bacon, eggs, or even our favorite square sausage, for a complete and filling start to the day!
Not a strawberry pan but in the mood for pancakes? Try these Blueberry Lemon Pancakes!
There's nothing quite like a warm, fluffy pancake for breakfast, and these heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream are the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care on Valentine's Day or any special occasion. Not only are they adorable, but they're also delicious and easy to make.
Heart-Shaped Pancake Stacks with Strawberries & Whipped Cream
To start, you'll need your favorite pancake batter. You can use a boxed mix or a homemade recipe – either way, these pancakes are sure to be a hit. If you're using a boxed mix, simply follow the instructions on the back of the box. If you're making your own batter, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
How to Heart-Shaped Pancakes with Strawberries & Whipped Cream
- Begin by washing and hulling a batch of strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries into heart-shaped pieces and set them aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake and cook until they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the cooked pancakes.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag.
- Assemble the pancakes by alternating slices of pancakes and strawberries, and top with additional strawberries. Secure everything with a skewer.
- Finish off the dish by topping it all with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
You can also add a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness. These heart-shaped pancakes are the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care, and they're sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy!
How do I make the perfect pancake?
To make the perfect pancake, it's important to use the right ratio of ingredients and to cook the pancakes over medium heat until bubbles form on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until they are golden brown on both sides.
Can I use a different type of flour to make pancakes?
Yes, you can use a different type of flour to make pancakes. Some alternatives to all-purpose flour include whole wheat flour, oat flour, or almond flour. Keep in mind that these flours may affect the texture and flavor of the pancakes. If using another flour, please check to see if the manufacturer recommends adjusting ratio or using as a 1:1 in place of all-purpose flour.
Can I add mix-ins to my pancake batter?
Yes, you can add mix-ins to your pancake batter to give it a different flavor or texture. Some ideas include chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
How can I make my pancakes fluffier?
To make your pancakes fluffier, you can try adding an extra egg white to the batter, or separating the egg whites from the yolks and beating the whites until stiff peaks form before folding them into the batter. You can also try using a little less milk to make the batter thicker.
Can I make pancakes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make pancakes ahead of time and store them in the fridge or freezer for later. To freeze pancakes, place a piece of parchment paper between each pancake and wrap them in plastic wrap or foil. To reheat, place the pancakes in the microwave or on a griddle or pan over medium heat until they are heated through.
Can I use a different liquid in place of milk?
Yes, you can use a different liquid in place of milk in your pancake batter. Some alternatives include water, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. Keep in mind that these liquids may affect the flavor and texture of the pancakes. We use oat milk in our house often and it works very well in these pancakes!
How do I store leftover pancakes?
To store leftover pancakes, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, place the pancakes in the microwave or on a griddle or pan over medium heat until they are heated through.
Heart Shaped Pancakes with Strawberries & Whipped Cream
- 8 oz Strawberries
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Slice into heart shaped slices and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Add wet ingredient to dry and mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Whip cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to piping bag.
- Alternate pancake slices and strawberry slices and top with additional strawberries and secure with a skewer.
- Top with whipped cream.