Having easy to grab breakfasts that are satisfying and quick to reheat like these Freezer Breakfast Sausage And Cheese Poppers are great. Using just a few basic ingredients and a creating in larger batches you can easily have breakfasts that reheat in seconds and are better than what you would grab in the local drive thru.
Today Katie from You Brew My Tea is sharing a delicious and easy breakfast recipe with us! After you read it, make sure to pop over to her site and see all the delicious recipes and fun craft ideas she shares!
There is something amazing about a biscuit with cheese and sausage, but even better when that biscuit is in the shape of a simple popper that can be eaten easily on the go. No mess. No fuss. Just pop this bite in your mouth on the go. What’s not to love about that?
To start with this recipe, you need to cook your turkey sausage. For these poppers, making them into small balls and cooking through is the best way. Consider them a sausage meatball!
Next you will use simple canned biscuits and cheese. Pat out a biscuit and add a piece of cheese and one of the turkey sausage meatballs. Wrap your biscuit around the meatball and then seal at the bottom. Place these sealed side down in a baking dish and cook.
Voila! You have a great easy on the go breakfast that you can make in large batches to freeze for future meals!
- 2 10ct Tubes Canned Biscuits
- 1 Pound Turkey Sausage
- 10 Slices American Cheese
- Roll your turkey sausage into balls and cook in large skillet on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and drain.
- Open canned biscuits and on clean surface flatten until approximately ⅛ inch thick.
- Place ½ slice American cheese in center of biscuit.
- Place 1 turkey sausage ball in center of cheese on the biscuit.
- Wrap biscuit around cheese and sausage creating a little round bundle crimping to seal.
- Place in bottom of pre-sprayed baking sheet or casserole with sealed side down and smooth side up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
Eat immediately or cool and store in appropriately labeled large plastic freezer storage bags. You may also bag them into serving sizes of 2 poppers each for quick breakfasts on the go. These may be reheated in the microwave for 60 seconds on high heat.
If you prefer bacon over sausage you can similarly prepare a few pieces of bacon crumbled in place of the sausage for an easy and yummy variation on this breakfast popper. Looking for an easy lunch or snack? Check out these cheeseburger poppers Katie shared with us a few years ago that I miss since going Paleo!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.