Every week as I make out our menu, its almost a guarantee that certain meals will appear almost every time. Before you start planning out your menu, I highly recommend talking to each family member and seeing what some of their favorites are – you might be surprised!
Instead of creating a recipe page for each of these family favorites, I'll just link here when one of them falls on the weekly menu. Have a favorite not on the list? Leave a comment below with the recipe or link me to your blog!
Italian Pot Roast
- Cut up 3 stalks celery, 4 large carrots, 1 red onion and place in bottom of crockpot.
- Place beef roast onto veggies in crockpot.
- Pour in a jar/can of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Serve over noodles – we do egg noodles or fettuccine noodles.
- Put leftover meat & 1 cup sauce in fridge.
Leftover Calzones – great for lunch
- Shred leftover roast & combine with 1 cup sauce, 1 can black olives, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Roll out a package of crescent rolls, reserving half for tops.
- Spread filling over each roll, leaving space along edges to seal.
- Cover each with second roll & seal edges.
- Bake as directed on crescent roll package, adding 2 minutes if necessary.
- Prepare taco meat (beef or chicken) with your favorite taco seasoning. (I buy bulk to save over paying for packets)
- Warm tortillas in microwave or fry in a skillet with 2 Tbsp oil
- Top tortillas with your favorite fillings – taco meat, refried beans, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, avocado, shredded cheese
- Add flavor with taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, ranch, sour cream
- Prepare noodles as directed on package (try a combo of wheat & white if you want a healthier option, but aren't fond of wheat pasta)
- Cover with your favorite sauce. I use a jar/can & season to taste with Italian seasoning, brown sugar, and a bay leaf.
- If you desire meat, you can either brown beef & add to your sauce or use meatballs.
Hot Dogs with Mashed Potatoes – DH's family favorite
- Slice hot dogs in half length-wise & lay in the bottom of an ungreased baking dish. I use an 8×8 for one package.
- Cover with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.
- Serve with ranch & ketchup for dipping.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.