I have really thick, dry hair but lately it's been really soft & I thought I'd share my secret – WEN & this homemade Coconut hair care mixture. Since I ditched traditional hair care products (and switched to a paleo diet), my psoriasis has cleared up. I barely lose any hair, when I used to clog the drain constantly! My hair is easier to brush out and I can't stop touching it – it's so soft! I've also been getting a lot of compliments on how curly and smooth it is!
Once it cools, the coconut oil will harden again. When you are ready to use it, scoop some into your hand & rub into your hair/scalp. You can either use a small amount AFTER you shampoo if you have really dry, porous hair (ends only) or you can slather a bunch on & let it sit for about 15 minutes before washing & conditioning like normal. Sometimes I coat my hair, throw a shower cap over it, and leave it on overnight.
This is great for if you are allergic to chemical hair care products, want organic alternative, and have itchy scalp. The tea tree oil is an antifungal as well as the coconut so make sure you massage into your scalp.
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Microwave safe bowl
- Storage container
- Measure out coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl, it will be solid just use a spoon and scoop it out.
- Then place in microwave and melt for 30 seconds.
- Once melted, add your essential oils.
- Place into a storage container and place into your bathroom.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.