Although soups, stews and chili are definitely my favorite easy to make and store freezer meals sometimes you just need a meal that is a bit heartier and that can feed a crowd. This Easy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal is one of my favorites to create in large batches and store to pull out for a family gathering, potluck, or even a get together with friends. Using a simple assembly line method and those handy foil baking pans I mentioned in our Basic Freezer Meal Storage Methods post, these are perfect to literally take from freezer to oven for a simple yet delicious meal. All you have to do is grab your favorite garnishes like avocado, black olives, sour cream, lettuce and tomato and you have a meal that will leave your crowd happy and asking how you managed to pull together such a wonderful meal so quickly.
- 20 Corn Tortillas
- 1 12oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 12oz Cans Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cooked and Shredded
- 1 Large Onion Sliced Thinly
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Rinsed and Chopped
- In large skillet cook onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are just tender (5-7 minutes).
- Add in shredded chicken breasts, cumin, chili powder oregano, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Pour cream of chicken soup over top and mix until all veggies and chicken are well coated.
- Cook for additional 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- While chicken mixture is cooking, heat tomato sauce in medium saucepan until comes to a boil. Cover and remove from heat.
- Using assembly line method, dip each tortilla in heated tomato sauce first, then fill with 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and roll placing in pre-sprayed foil baking pan.
- Once pans are full, pour generous amount of enchilada sauce over top making sure to cover all of tortillas well. Sprinkle tops with chopped cilantro.
- Allow to cool, cover with lid and wrap entire pan in plastic wrap prior to freezing.
- Plastic wrap serves as an extra layer of protection against freezer burn.
You may freeze in 1-2 large foil baking pans, or several smaller pans for individual meals or single serving sizes dishes. When you are ready to prepare this Easy Chicken Enchilada Freezer Meal for dinner simply take directly from freezer, remove plastic wrap and lid and place in your oven heated at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn heat up to 375 and cook for an additional 35-30 minutes or until bubbling. You may wish to top with extra cheese on top for a crispy creamy texture.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our 30 Days of Freezer Cooking series!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.