In a pretty bottle, this Peppermint Hot Cocoa makes a wonderful teacher, hostess, or secret Santa gift. I used a recycled Starbucks Frapuccino bottle for mine. I love saving bottles from the recycle bin and repurposing them. Homemade is just better, in my opinion, when it comes to gift giving & its much easier to personalize flavors and colors, etc. to make it special for the intended recipient. Add an homemade label and some festive curling ribbon to make it special. Put it in a gift basket with a pretty set of mugs and you have a great gift.
For the large Starbucks bottle I used the following recipe. Feel free to double or triple as needed.
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Stir salt into powdered milk.
- Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, crushed peppermint candy, white chocolate chips, and granulated sugar in an airtight container.
- Attach a homemade gift tag with these directions:
- Combine contents of jar and 6 cups of boiling water, stir until dissolved.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.