Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 390 minutes
- Total Time: 405 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 5 carrots (chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 cups corn (frozen)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup milk
- Combine flour, thyme, turmeric, and ground pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge Chicken breast in herbed flour.
- Melt butter in a pan and brown chicken.
- Place chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add carrots, celery, corn, onion, and garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth and apple cider.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker, shred, and then return to cooker.
Make your dumplings
- Combine flour, chopped parsley, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, stirring until just moist.
- Spoon by heaping spoonfuls into broth mixture.
- Tilt lid to vent & cook on HIGH 30 minutes or until dumplings are done.