Baked Cheddar Chicken
- Category: Main Dish
- 4 large chicken breasts (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup of crushed cheese-its
- 1 cup of crushed saltines
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- salt (pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.)
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp sage
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tsp condensed chicken base
- 2–3 TBSP Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Coat chicken in egg wash, dip into cheese and press cheese onto chicken.
- Move carefully to the bread crumb/cracker mixture and coat with crumbs. Place in prepared baking pan.
- Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- While chicken is baking, prepare sauce by melted butter in a large pan.
- Add the flour and whisk to eliminate any lumps.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp dried parsley and ¼ tsp sage.
- Add hot water, condensed chicken base, and Marsala to the sauce pan and cook until mixture is thickened.
- Add the heavy cream and sour cream and stir to combine.