Pork chops go on sale frequently here, so I'm constantly trying to find something new to do with them. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is simple: saute them & serve with a chutney. We've tried a mango chutney before & the boys loved it but mangoes are pretty expensive, especially when they are out of season. The first apple chutney recipe I found on MarthaStewart.com used cayenne pepper, which I'm out of, so I kept hunting. I finally found one from Relish that used allspice instead.
My favorite part: This is a 30 minute pork chops recipe, so I don't have to worry about spending hours in the kitchen!Print
Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 large onion (cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 4 green apples (such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 1/3 cup craisins or golden raisins
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 pork chops (bone-in cook slightly longer than boneless)
- 1 Tbsp Mrs Dash – Garlic & Herb or Original Blend (may use 1 tsp each salt, pepper, & garlic instead)
- Prepare chutney by melting butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & saute about 5 minutes (until translucent & beginning to brown)
- Add apples & saute 4 minutes.
- Add craisins/raisins, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, ginger, salt, allspice, and mustard & stir well.
- Simmer about 3-4 minutes or until tender (stirring occasionally).
- Pour into a bowl & cover to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean & heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with Mrs. Dash.
- Add pork to pan & cook 4 minutes on each side (or until done).
- Serve with chutney on top.
Modified from Relish.com & MarthaStewart.com
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.