Prefer to make your own body products or looking for a handmade gift idea? Try this Vanilla Sugar Scrub with Orange Essential Oil! It's sure to please your senses and your skin! Interested in learning more about how to use essential oils, check out these 10 Reasons You Need to Start Using Essential Oils!
Awaken your senses when you give this Vanilla Sugar Scrub with Orange Essential Oil a try! While it looks like something sold at a pricey boutique, this is actually a scrub you can easily make in your own kitchen. You only need a few ingredients, and the end result is perfect to enjoy yourself or to give as a gift. Here is how to get started making your own.
Vanilla Sugar Scrub with Orange Essential Oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 5-7 drops of orange essential oil
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
Note: You can alter this vanilla sugar scrub with orange recipe depending on your own likes or dislikes. For example, if you want a smoother scrub, add more coconut oil. If you want a coarser scrub, add more sugar. You can also alter the amount of orange oil and extract you use depending on your own scent preferences.
- Begin by mixing the sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. A good old wooden spoon will do the trick! Just put plenty of elbow grease into it to grind the ingredients well. If you wish, you can use a food processor.
- Add in the orange essential oil and vanilla extract. Continue to mix and blend until the sugar scrub is the consistency you wish.
- Store the vanilla orange sugar scrub in a glass jar with lid to keep it fresh.
- To use your vanilla orange sugar scrub, just apply it to wet skin in a circular motion and rinse.
Coconut oil is a staple at my house. We keep 2 jars in the kitchen (one refined for cooking at higher temps & one unrefined), one in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom. I use it for everything from making my own body products, cooking, homemade salves and lip balms, for personal care, and many other ways. Unlike many other oils, coconut oil is a solid at room temperature (except fractionated coconut oil, which is a liquid at room temp but doesn't have all the benefits of regular coconut oil) so it may solidify on you. I store my sugar scrubs in our bathroom window, so that the sun helps keep them soft. If you don't have a warmer place to keep it, you can run the sealed jar under warm water for a couple minutes.
Using Your Vanilla Sugar Scrub
This is a very easy vanilla sugar scrub recipe to make & so great for your skin. I use a sugar scrub on my entire body once a week during the warmer months and a couple times a week during the winter when my skin gets rough without assistance. Not only does it exfoliate the dead skin away, the coconut oil moistures and softens your skin for a healthy glow. Orange essential oil is often used for emotional balance and as a mood lifter. Combined with the vanilla extract and coconut oil, this homemade body scrub will help you start the day on the right foot!
Use a mason jar with a pretty ribbon & homemade label for the perfect Mother's Day gift!
Don't forget to try my Wake Up Coffee Scrub too!
Looking for more homemade sugar scrub recipes? Check out these Kindle books!
- Body Scrubs: 30 Organic Body Scrub Recipes For Gorgeous Skin
- HOMEMADE BODY SCRUBS and MASKS for BEGINNERS: All-Natural Quick & Easy Recipes for Body & Facial Masks to Help Exfoliate, Nourish & Provide the Ultimate … Men's Fashion, Homemade Kindle Book 1)
- Homemade Body Scrubs: Body Scrub Recipes you can Make and Give
- Homemade Beauty Products: Benefit Your Beauty with 33 Face and Body Masks and Scrub Treatments You Can Make at Home (Homemade Beauty Products, homemade … homemade beauty products for beginners)
- The Complete Homemade DIY Bath & Body: Organic Natural Bath Bombs and Body Scrubs (facial scrubs, beginner's guide) + 20 Gourmet Recipes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.