Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. It is very filling and quite easy to make, once you have a great recipe. This recipe is easy to adapt for those following a gluten-free diet and the combination of flavors is divine!
Super Simple Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 ½ cups of chicken or turkey shredded or cubed
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables thawed and drained
- 1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup or homemade Gluten-free version
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts or 2 homemade 9" pie crusts
Bring crust to room temperature (see directions on pie crust box)
Preheat oven to 425°.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, milk, salt, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and vegetables.
Gently mix & set aside.
Slowly and gently, unroll the crust as stated on package.
Place first crust in 9 inch pie plate.
Pour mixture into pie plate.
Sprinkle with remainder of cheese.
Cover with the second pie crust.
Pinch the edges to seal.
Cut several slits in the top crust.
Bake approximately 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
*Cover edges of crust with strips of foil after first 15-20 minutes of baking. Cool completely.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.