Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. It is very filling and quite easy to make, once you have a great recipe. This recipe is easy to adapt for those following a gluten-free diet and the combination of flavors is divine!
- 2 ½ cups of chicken or turkey, shredded or cubed
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup or homemade Gluten-free version
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts or 2 homemade 9" pie crusts
- Bring crust to room temperature (see directions on pie crust box)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, milk, salt, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and vegetables.
- Gently mix & set aside.
- Slowly and gently, unroll the crust as stated on package.
- Place first crust in 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remainder of cheese.
- Cover with the second pie crust.
- Pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut several slits in the top crust.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- *Cover edges of crust with strips of foil after first 15-20 minutes of baking. Cool completely.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.