Grilled cheese with soup or a salad makes a quick, easy lunch but its also easy to become bored with. We like to try variations of the typical American cheese version. One of our favorites is mozzarella, pesto, tomatoe and whole grain bread. Sometimes I will add a slice of tomato and a little basil in there.
What is your favorite sandwich?
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened, divided in half
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce, divided
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Butter one side of a slice of bread.
- Place buttered side down into a skillet on medium heat.
- Spread half of the pesto onto the bread.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top, followed by a tomato & the other slice of cheese.
- Spread the other half of the pesto onto the second piece of bread & place it onto the sandwich.
- Butter the exposed side of the bread.
- Cook on one side until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip & cook on the second side for about another 5 minutes.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.