One of my favorite things to pamper myself with is this Lemon Homemade Sugar Scrub. I love that it is one of the easiest homemade sugar scrub recipes to make, but mostly it comes down to how much I love lemon. Lemon is bright, refreshing, and an excellent way to wake you up in the morning!
If you feel like pampering yourself a bit on a regular basis, this homemade sugar scrub recipe is a perfect choice. It is so inexpensive, and it is super easy to make! I love using lemon essential oil in mine when lemons aren’t handy. In fact, this is one of my favorite essential oil uses!
Lemon Homemade Sugar Scrub
This batch is just enough for one use, but you can easily make much larger batches to place in jars and use as gifts for friends and family. In fact, making a large batch of this homemade sugar scrub recipe and putting into small mason jars with a cute ribbon is the perfect gift idea for a bridal shower, baby shower, girls night in, or even for birthday gifts! It is so budget friendly and easy! You just can’t go wrong with making this as a gift!
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Replace the lemon zest with 3 drops essential oil
- Add 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil for extra moisturizing.
- Carefully zest the skin of the lemon into a glass container that has a tight-fitting lid. Note: it’s okay to get down into the bitter white flesh since this product is not being eaten.
- Add 3 heaping tablespoons of granulated sugar into the container.
- Mix the lemon zest and sugar together until combined completely.
- Rub the mixture between damp hands or onto elbows and feet in slow circular motions over the sink or tub. I’d recommend being gentle your first use to see just how much scrubbing may be needed.
- Rinse the scrub off with warm water, using caution especially if standing in the tub or shower and pat dry with a clean towel.
This is a great lemon homemade sugar scrub recipe to help exfoliate your skin. I love using this as a bright way to wake up in the mornings, or to get rid of pesky smells on my hands from chopping things like onions or garlic in the kitchen. Since it is so versatile, you can keep a small jar at your kitchen sink as well as in your bathroom for use whenever needed.
There are many great benefits to homemade sugar scrub recipes. Not only are they super effective for exfoliating your skin, they are ideal for staying in your budget when wanting to feel like you are being pampered. Lemon is a great bright smell that is clean and refreshing, so it helps you to wake up easier, and can be a great way to eliminate odors on your skin.
More Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes:
- Vanilla Sugar Scrub with Orange Essential Oil
- Homemade Lavender Body Scrub
- Coffee Facial Scrub
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub with Coffee
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.