This green detox almond milk smoothie is a perfect choice for not only a quick and easy breakfast, but to jump start your health this week!
To detox means to rid yourself of things that are unhealthy to your system, usually by eating foods that support the body's detoxing organs (liver, kidney, skin, lungs, etc). A detox smoothie like this is a great choice for the busy family. Not only do you likely have all ingredients already on hand and easy to access, you can fix this in a limited amount of time. For me, being a busy parent means I don't have hours to prep detox foods. A grab and go green detox smoothie really is the best choice for me to jump start my health.
Green Detox Almond Milk Smoothie
This takes just a few minutes of prep work to through together. While many would use canned pineapple, I find that fresh pineapple is much better for smoothies and general flavor in any snack or recipe. Watch for sales and buy multiple pineapples when you find them at a great price. Prep them and portion into easy freezer bags or containers for future smoothie use.
We use unsweetened cashew or almond milk in our smoothies since the fruit adds plenty of natural sugars. If you don't find it sweet enough, you can add a bit of honey to the mixture as well. If you plan on making smoothies often, I highly recommend having a powerful blender like this Ninja blending system. Investing in one is saving me so much time and no more having to stop blending to scrape the sides. Plus, I find I don't have to use as much liquid so I can pack in more nutrient rich ingredients.
Since this smoothie is super fruity in flavor, you won't be able to taste the spinach. This is a perfect way to sneak a green detox almond milk smoothie into your kids diets. If you are looking for more protein, a scoop of protein powder can also blend easily into this mix.
Additional easy additives to a smoothie can be kale, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flax seed, or even nutritional yeast. With a super fruity overtone, any of these additions will blend in without detection.
- 1 frozen sliced very ripe banana (previously peeled & sliced)
- ¼ cup almond milk (may substitute with milk of your choice - cashew works great)
- 1 and ¼ cups chopped pineapple
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt if you prefer)
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Blend frozen banana slices and milk together until thick and smooth. Scrape down sides of blender as needed.
- Add the pineapple, peach and yogurt and blend until combined. Add the spinach and lime juice and blend until smooth.
More Smoothie Recipes:
- Strawberry Almond Milk Smoothie
- Paleo Beet Green & Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Green Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Recipes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.