Fall is my favorite season of the year (okay, it’s tied with Spring. They both have so much to offer). I love all the gorgeous colors, crisp weather, roasting marshmallows over a fire, and delicious recipes. Every year, I think about everything I want to do this season and then forget half of it. A Fall Bucket List is a great way to create your own autumn traditions!
This year, I decided to actually write down my Fall Bucket List because there is so much I want to do & I don’t want to forget anything. My husband will be home for a visit only once this fall, so I’ll try to cram as many of the activities I know he will enjoy doing with the boys during his visit and save the rest for when he’s back at work. He’ll be here for our favorite fall festival, so I’ll make sure we pick out our pumpkins while we are there. This year, we might go on the hay ride to the corn maze too! I’ll also cook some delicious recipes, like the Pork Roast with Apple Cider Gravy he loves (and I love because it’s an easy crockpot recipe)!
Our Fall Bucket List:
- Decorate for Fall
- Visit the local pick-your-own berry farm
- Attend the Fall Festival
- Pick pears & apples at a friends house
- Make crockpot applesauce
- Make applesauce sundaes
- Drink apple cider with cinnamon sticks
- Go for a nature hike & collect fallen nuts and leaves
- Match nuts & leaves we collected to the trees they came from (great homeschool unit!)
- Do leaf art projects
- Have a fire & roast marshmallows
- Go to the pumpkin patch & pick our pumpkins
- Can pumpkin puree & pumpkin pie filling
- Carve/paint pumpkins
- Rake huge piles of leaves & photograph the boys playing in them
- Bake pumpkin bars
- Make Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti
- Make pumpkin coffee creamer
- Convince my mom to make Corn Chowder
- Make a cornucopia centerpiece
- Find the leaf for the table (okay, that’s really just on my to-do list)
- Make pumpkin lattes
- Make hot cocoa from scratch
- Test recipes for our Paleo Thanksgiving
- Make chili
If you are looking for other fun things to do this fall or delicious recipes for crisp weather, be sure to check out all my Fall Recipes, Crafts, and Activities!
What’s on your Fall Bucket List this year?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.