Cheesecake is a favorite dessert by so many people, and for good reason. It is a great food because you can add so many different flavors to it to make it take completely different. Not only is it very versatile, it is a great way to increase your dairy intake. It is also rich in potassium and magnesium. From pumpkin to cherries to caramel, you get a different flavor with each type of topping. Our of our favorites is Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bars!
These cheesecake bars take on a tasty caramel topping, Dulce de leche. If you haven’t tried Dulce de leche before, you have been missing out. You can sometimes find it in stores near the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk or you can easily make it at home by grabbing a few cans of sweetened condensed milk and small ball jars. Fill each jar and place in a crockpot with water to the brim. Cook on low for about 8 hours and you will have a sweet, caramel treat.
|Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bars|| || |
- 1½ cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Butter, cold and diced
- 160z package Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dulce de leche (canned or make your own)
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbs Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Light Corn Syrup
- To make crust, place rolled oats and walnuts into a food processor. Process until it has broken down. Add butter and mix until it is all combined and begins to form a ball. Press this mixture into an 8x8 square pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Fold in ½ cup Dulce de leche. Pour over refrigerated crust.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until cooked through, edges may begin to "crack".
- Chill until completely cool.
- Pour the remaining Dulce de leche over the top of the cheese cake.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips, unsalted butter and light corn syrup. Heat in microwave until fully melted, stirring often. Pour chocolate mixture over the top of the Dulce de leche. Place in refrigerator.
- Allow to cool until chocolate layer has slightly hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!