Beer bread has been a staple at our house ever since I found this great 3 ingredient beer bread! This dill beer bread version is only 6 ingredients and we love it so much I have to double it and make a couple loaves!
I love make ahead mixes and this one looks beautiful in a mason jar with the little flecks of dill. Experiment with various amounts and types of dried herbs to vary the flavor. Make a half dozen or so mason jars and store them for ready to go bread, plus they make great gifts!
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Place in a quart sized mason jar. Can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Place a handmade tag on your jar with the cooking directions:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a large 9”x 5” bread loaf pan
- Combine entire jar of bread mix and 1-12 oz. beer in a large bowl, stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with 1 ½ Tbsp. of butter
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.